Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Why I started this blog

This is my very first blog...ever. Not just for Crock Pot Virgin...but ever. So, why start a blog now? Well...I've been wanting to (ever since watching the movie Julie and Julia I imagine - great movie by the way!) but never really had anything worth writing about. Then, I started to post comments on Facebook when I made my first meal. And my friends were very supportive of helping me ease into this crock pot thing, and wanted to know what recipes I was trying, etc. So I thought - ding ding ding! Let's start a blog!

So...yes, I am a 37-year old Crock Pot Virgin. The main reason I've never ventured into crock pot cooking is because honestly I'm afraid to leave something cooking all day when no one is around. I know this is the point of the crock pot - set it and forget it, right? But honestly, I'm not the best cook...and have boiled over plenty o' pots. And I have control issues (my friends won't be shocked by that statement) and can't stand the idea of leaving the crock pot at home unattended. But, now that I have the opportunity to work from home, and I want to start cooking more, it's time to give it a go!

I guess you could argue that since I've now actually used a crock pot I'm no longer a virgin. But trust me, I feel like it's the first time every time so I'm going to count it.

I'll be posting my thoughts, experiences, challenges, fears, and successes while I give my crock pot a try. And I'll share our favorite recipes (thank you in advance to my husband who has agreed to be the guinea pig!), links to other blogs that I'm finding helpful, and more. And help me out! Give me your feedback, point me in the direction of great recipes to try! Knock some sense into me when I'm doing it all wrong. :-) And hopefully, I won't burn down the house. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm basically like you. The crock pot we have was given to us by hubby's mom, and he seems to know how to use it (like most things, since he's our home cook) but I don't. But we've used it maybe twice for stew, and it was quite awesome. I'm with you on being afraid to leave something plugged in and cooking all day. Isn't that something we were always always told to check before we left the house? Did I leave the stove on? Did I leave the curling iron plugged in? Those were always fears of my Mom's heh.

    ReplyDelete